Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
General Use and Storage of Personal Information
MTOmics is headquartered in the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, business partners, or service providers elsewhere in the world, which may be outside the country in which you live. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of Personal Information according to this Privacy Statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
MTOmics collects, uses, and transfers information from and about you to provide you with the best experiences with our products and services; to improve and secure our products and services; to respond to your inquiries and contact you regarding our products and services; to manage your relationship with us; to best serve your interests by customizing your experience and interactions with MTOmics; and for the other purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Service providers who are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property, or safety of others; investigate fraud; respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action. We may also disclose Personal Information when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- We encourage business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information that is anonymized and not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Information for residents of the European Economic Area
MTOmics stores the information that we collect from and about you in the United States, which is stored and housed through use of Amazon Web Servers (“AWS”), regardless of where you reside or where the information originates. This information is accessed by MTOmics affiliates, employees, contractors, and service providers located throughout the world, only as necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and is further subject to all privacy policies and mechanisms provided by AWS. If you are in the European Union, Switzerland, or another region with laws governing data collection, transfer, and use, your data will be protected by European Commission-approved contract clauses to ensure personal data leaving the EU/EEA is processed in line with obligations under EU law.
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens.
As a company that markets its Site, content, products and/or services online we do not specifically target our marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that you provide to us in the course of your use of our Site, content, products and/or services is governed by GDPR, we will abide by the relevant portions of the Regulation.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this site from within the EEA, you may have the following rights:
Any personal data that we collect is based upon your consent as detailed in this Privacy Statement. You have many choices concerning the collection, use, and sharing of your data, including the ability to:
- Delete Data: You may request that we delete your Personal Information. Please note that in some cases we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account.
- Change, Confirm, or Correct Data: You can also ask us to change, update, verify, or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You may request that we do not use your Personal Information, but keep in mind that this may terminate our ability to provide any Service(s) to you.
- Withdraw Consent: You may withdraw your consent provided to us to provide you with marketing or promotional materials, to collect your data, use your data, or share your data.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information.
- Launch a Complaint: If you would like to submit a grievance regarding your data’s collection and residency, please contact our GDPR contact at [email protected].
To make any of these requests, please contact our GDPR contact at [email protected]. Your email message must include (i) your identifying information (including your IP address, if applicable), (ii) your contact information, and (iii) information about the specific changes, deletions, or other action(s) you are requesting. We require this information so we can determine which information in our control is your Personal Information and complete the actions you requested. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement.
If we make subsequent material changes to how we treat our users’ information, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on our home page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active, and deliverable email address for you. Your continued use of our services is considered your acceptance of these privacy terms. Please contact us at [email protected], should you have any questions regarding your privacy rights, or should you wish to revoke your previously provided consent.
Reliance Upon Information
At all times, MTOmics is entitled to rely upon the information that you provide in response to any of the questions contained in this consent form or any consent form related to your use of this platform or Site. You agree to provide accurate and truthful responses to any questions contained herein.
The Web Application is controlled, operated and administered by the Company from our offices within the USA. If you access the Web Application from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the Company Content accessed through the Web Application in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.